Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an additional security step that verifies your identity. You may have come across something similar before when purchasing a product online or using a banking app.
You will be required to use MFA on your devices when you are accessing online University systems and services off-campus, such as:
- Your University email
- Certain areas of the University website (which require you to log in)
Please note you will not be required to use MFA when connected to the campus network (either eduroam or HallNet), regardless of the device you are using.
Why is it important?
Passwords can often be stolen, guessed, or hacked. By adding a second layer of security, both your account and other University systems will be much more secure and less likely to be compromised.
How do I set it up?
1. Download the Duo Mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play
2. Next, open up a browser and type in duo.lboro.ac.uk
3. Log in using your University username and password and follow the on-screen instructions
4. Enable push notifications on your smart device so you can approve requests for authentication
If you are having issues installing the DUO Mobile app, please contact IT Services.