Our PhD students are supported to make original discoveries, and use applied research and sociocultural, innovative ideas to benefit local and international communities.
Having trouble viewing this video? You can also watch the video on Youku now.
As a PhD student with us, you will become part of a vibrant, interdisciplinary research community, and will benefit from high-quality research training delivered by our world-class academics.
Our research areas
PhD opportunities are available across all of our Institutes, which includes the following disciplines:
- Design Innovation
- Digital Technologies
- Diplomacy and International Governance
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Management
- Media and Creative Industries
- Sport Business
- Supervisors who are available to provide academic and pastoral support when required
- 24-hour access to a dedicated research hub on campus, complete with hot desks, meeting rooms and a fully equipped kitchen and dining area
- 24 hour access to our stunning library, with over 7,500 print items, as well as 1.2 million e-books, journals and research papers on request
- Access to 609,000 print items from Loughborough’s Pilkington Library, which can be delivered to the campus free of change
- Inter-library loan funding
- Free printing and photocopying
- Access to over 150 laptops for use on campus, including Apple MacBook Pros and Toshiba Portégé ultrabooks
- High-powered CAD computers
- A wide format printer suitable for high-quality poster printing
- A 3D printer, with full training available if required