Scholarships and bursaries
Our ambition is to inspire high achieving students from all backgrounds, to benefit from our outstanding teaching and cutting edge research facilities.
Only a limited number of scholarships and bursaries are available every year, so apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Inspiring Success Scholarship
The Inspiring Success Scholarship offers 100% off the full cost of tuition fees for selected unemployed and underemployed graduates, who obtained GCSE or A-level (or equivalent) qualifications from Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham or Waltham Forest.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduate with a minimum of a lower second class honours degree from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University. Participants will need to have graduated at least 6 months prior to the start of the programme
- Be currently residing in, and have previously taken GCSE or A level qualifications whilst residing in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest
- Be currently unemployed or underemployed, earning below £570.90 per week
- Attendance at our two-day Inspiring Success programme is advised, but not essential
- Be willing to become ambassadors of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and actively give back to the local community through Echo
To be considered for this scholarship, students must complete the Inspiring Success scholarship application form. Successful applicants will demonstrate academic excellence and potential, and will outline how they wish to develop their local community on completion of their degree.
- Award value: 100% off the full cost of tuition fees
- Eligible programmes: All taught master's programmes
- Closing date: 31st July 2019
Dean's Award for Enterprise
The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of master's tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
The award will be given at the discretion of the Dean, with the support of the Senior Leadership Team. Applicants must complete an application form, though students are encouraged to include images and media content to support their application, such as a pitch slide deck or video. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a short video interview to discuss their business idea in more detail.
Winners of the award are under no obligation to start a new business, though winners who are serious about launching their own business will receive professional support and advice to turn their idea into a reality.
- Award value: 90% off the full cost of tuition fees
- Eligible programmes: All full-time taught master's programmes
- Closing date: 31st July 2019
Santander UK Postgraduate Scholarship
- Have been in care as a looked-after child
- Have declared a disability in your postgraduate application
- Be or have been a carer for an ill or disabled family member
- Be from a low-income background, and received a higher rate of maintenance loan during your undergraduate studies
- Be in receipt of the Disabled Students’ Allowance
- Come from an area where progression to higher education is under-represented. This is based on the postcode of your home address before attending university, which should fall into quintile 1 or 2 of either the POLAR4 young participation, or the Adult HE qualification. You can check your postcode here: https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/data-and-analysis/postcode-search/
- Have faced other challenging personal circumstances during undergraduate studies, or prior to entering university
- How you meet the above criteria
- Your past achievements in academic, professional and extra-curricular activities.
- How you expect to benefit from your postgraduate studies, specifically with respect to future career plans
- Why you need the financial assistance of a Santander Scholarship.
Santander-IE Digital DNA
This scholarship programme, which is part of Santander Scholarships | Digital Skills, will select 100 outstanding university students from Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, USA, Spain, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom and Uruguay.
The Santander IE-Digital DNA programme consists of two Hiops (High Impact Online Programmes) courses of 5 weeks each. The first, New Technologies for Innovation, is designed to know the impact of digital disruption from a business perspective and how companies are creating competitive advantages using these technologies.
Through the second Hiop, Data Science and Visualization for Businesses, the beneficiaries will obtain the foundations and fundamentals of data science and a practical experience in information and data visualization in order to make the best decisions in the day-to-day business.
Deadline: 30 September 2019Apply now
Academic Excellence scholarship
The Academic Excellence scholarship automatically offers full-time and self-finding UK, EU and International students 20% off the full cost of our master's tuition fees. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must have an upper-second class honours (2.1), first class honours or equivalent International qualification recognised by Loughborough University. To confirm this scholarship, recipients must pay a scholarship tuition fee deposit before 31 May 2019 or the scholarship offer will be retracted.
- Award value: 20% towards the full cost of tuition fees
- Eligible programmes: All full-time taught masters programmes
The Alumni Bursary automatically awards graduates of Loughborough University 10% off the full cost of our master's tuition fees, regardless of their full-time programme or nationality. There is no selection process for this scholarship, as all Loughborough University Alumni are entitled to this award. Recipients of this scholarship do not need to pay a scholarship tuition fee deposit to confirm their award.
- Award value: 10% towards the full cost of tuition fees
- Eligible programmes: All full-time taught masters programmes.
UK Government Postgraduate Loan
A new Government-backed Postgraduate Loan has been introduced in the UK, and provides a loan of up to £10,906 a year for UK and EU postgraduate master's students starting on or after 1 August 2019. All London master's programmes are eligible for the loan, including our MA and MSc programmes.
Read our blog post which aims to demystify the Postgraduate Loan Scheme.
Chevening Scholarships is the UK government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, these scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from over 160 countries and territories to pursue one-year master’s degrees in any subject at any UK university. There are over 48,000 Chevening Alumni around the world who together make up an influential and highly regarded global network.
Students are expected to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020
Applications for 2020 are now open - apply now!More scholarships and bursaries