Future Space now has Handshake
The Future Space team is now working with Handshake to bring you access to all of our events, workshops, careers consultations, resources, external job opportunities and more!
How this works
If you are a new or current student, your Handshake account is ready and waiting for you – You just need to activate your account and you are ready to go. (Please note that this is for London students ONLY – Loughborough students can continue to access the full Loughborough careers network offer).
Once you have activated your account, please complete your profile to improve your chances of success when looking for jobs. You will have to associate your account with us (Loughborough University) when you have set this up to access the full Future Space offer.
- If you have received notification that your @student.lboro.ac.uk email account is due to expire, please follow these instructions to switch your account to a personal account to continue to access Future Space as a recent graduate or Alum.
- Log in to your Handshake account at lboro.joinhandshake.co.uk/login.
Once logged in click on your account icon in the upper-right corner of the Handshake screen, then click on Settings from the menu.
- On the page that loads, scroll down to the bottom of the Account Information section to 'Emails' and click on the link '+ Add another email'.
- A text box will appear in that space — enter the email address you'd like to add, then click Add to the far right of the text box.
- You will receive an email from Handshake asking you to verify your new email address.
After you've added and confirmed your personal email address on your account, you will need to make your personal email address your primary email within Handshake.
- Follow steps 1 - 3 as outlined above.
- Click the three dots menu to the far right of the email address you would like to make your primary, then click on Make Primary.
- After you have completed your studies your account will be updated and you will be asked to create a new password that you can use to log in to the platform.
Future Space Events
If you are looking to attend Future Space events, you will now need to sign up through our Handshake portal directly. This will automatically add your attendance to events to your Personal Best London record!
Also available within our Handshake portal are:
- Future Space CONNECT (Job search, volunteering, internships).
- 1:1 appointments and careers consultations.
- Other Future Space resources such as Personal Best London and careers guidance.
Download the app
We even have an app! Download your Handshake app today and start getting involved in all things Future Space!