Eddie Jones among speakers at Foundation for Leadership through Sport Conference
Friday 15th September saw the Foundation for Leadership through Sport Conference take place on campus, with England Rugby Head Coach Eddie Jones in attendance as one of the keynote speakers.
- Chris Casper- Sporting Director, Salford City FC - ‘The Roads to Sustained Success: Which Route to take?’
- Chaired by Vic Luck, Director FLX
- Danny Kerry- Coach GB Womens Hockey - ‘Planning for Gold- Twice’- The coach/organisational perspective.
- Chaired by David Whitaker, Associate FLS
- The Athletes Perspective, with:
- Kate Richardson-Walsh (captain of the GB Olympic gold-winning Hockey Team)
- Sarah Hunter (England Rugby Captain)
- George Robson (former Harlequins and London Irish Rugby)
- Panel Discussion- ‘Pathways to continued Success in Business and the Military’
- Andy Cosslett- Chairman RFU, Chairman Kingfisher
- Lt Col Lucy Giles - Commander New College RMAS Sandhurst
- Richard Gray- Commercial Director, Grays of Cambridge
- Harry Keogh- MD Coutts Bank
- Chaired by Richard Hytner, Director FLS
- Eddie Jones- Head Coach England Rugby, ‘Picking it up, Developing it and making it the most successful in the World’.
- Chaired by John Steele, Chairman English Institute of Sport and Executive Director
View the press release on the Loughborough University website for further information and resources.
Loughborough is one of the country’s leading universities, with an international reputation for research that matters, excellence in teaching, strong links with industry, and unrivalled achievement in sport and its underpinning academic disciplines.
It has been awarded five stars in the independent QS Stars university rating scheme, named the best university in the world for sports-related subjects in the 2018 QS World University Rankings, top in the country for its student experience in the 2018 THE Student Experience Survey and named University of the Year in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2018.
Loughborough is in the top 10 of every national league table, being ranked 6th in the Guardian University League Table 2018, 7th in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 and 7th in The UK Complete University Guide 2019. It was also named Sports University of the Year by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017.
The University has been awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework, which recognises institutions that deliver consistently outstanding teaching that is of the highest quality found in the UK.
The Loughborough University London campus is based on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and offers postgraduate and executive-level education, as well as research and enterprise opportunities. It is home to influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers and creative innovators who provide students with the highest quality of teaching and the very latest in modern thinking.
The seven specialist institutes at Loughborough University London include: Design Innovation, Digital Technologies, Diplomacy and International Governance, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, International Management, Media and Creative Industries, and Sport Business. Close industry partnerships with a wealth of leading businesses and creative organisations means teaching and learning is informed by real-life challenges and driven by true industry pressures.