Muhammad Aminu Muhammad
Diaspora and Deportation In International Relations: A Case Study of Nigeria-UK Diplomatic Relations
Muhammad Aminu Muhammad is a Comptroller of Immigration Service and is studying for his PhD within the Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance.
After joining the Nigeria Immigration Service in 1988, Muhammad rose through the ranks until the attainment of his current rank of Comptroller in 2013, having worked in many commands and units of the Nigeria Immigration Service, at home and abroad. His academic background includes:
- Advance Leadership Programme, University of Cambridge JBS, United Kingdom, 2014
- MA International Diplomacy, from the London Academy of Diplomacy, University of East Anglia, United Kingdom, 2012
- Masters Degree in inthe field of Public Administration, Lagos State Univerity, Nigeria 1995
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in the field of Education, Bayero University Kano, Nigeria 1986
PhD research description
Muhammad is supervised within the Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance by Dr Tatevik Mnatskanyan and Dr Christina Oelgemoller (Loughborough University).
Papers, publications and articles
- Nigerian Visa and Investment opportunity presented at the Nigeria British Chamber of Commerce opportunity Nigeria – Construction, property and Infrastructure seminar held on 14th June 2016, Nigeria High Commission London.
- Simulation Model: UN Special Session on Middle East Nuclear Weapon Free Zone, London 14th May 2016 (Represented position of Russian Republic.)
- Lesson learnt from the European Union (EU) and the United Kingdom Migration Management: Represented a group syndicate at the 2016 Comptroller General Annual Conference & Stakeholders Interactive Forum held in Lafia Nasarawa state on 15th April 2016
- An overview of the Nigerian visa process: Presented at Borderpol International Meeting, Washington D.C. September 9-11,2015
- Presentation on the Nigeria Visa Policy at the Africa Ireland Economic Forum, Dublin Ireland, 2014 on 30th October 2014
- Fraud and Forgery of travel documents being a paper delivered at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos in 2003
- Embarkation and Disembarkation Procedures and COJA Games: Being a paper delivered at Murtala Mohammed Airport Lagos in 2003