Loughborough University London partners social enterprise conference
Loughborough University London is pleased to be a partner of East London’s 'Social Enterprise in The City' conference, taking place on 1st November at Hackney House in Shoreditch. The conference is being organised by Hackney Co-operative Developments CIC and Hackney Council.
- Why should cities invest in social enterprise development? (Bobby Kasanga, Hackney Wick FC; Jude Williams, Hackney Pirates; Kemi Dowokpor, Mind Your Language and Gee Sinha, ReSpace Projects)
- Are social enterprises equipped to operate in inner city markets? (Faisel Rahman, Fair Finance; Howard Lane, Green Net; Julie Brown, Growing Communities and Claire Martin, Mill Co.)
- Supporting a social enterprise ecosystem - social & community leaders discuss conditions necessary for inner city social enterprise growth (Jake Ferguson, HCVS; Claire Witney, London Borough of Hackney; Jacqui Roberts, Shoreditch Trust; Nas Morley, UnLtd; Lindsey Hall, Real Ideas Organisation)
- Open discussion: Growing the sector through collaboration and engagement. (Hackney Co-operative Developments)
- Open discussion: Drawing up an inner city manifesto for social enterprise. (Hackney Co-operative Developments)
- Three ways to finance your social enterprise (ALLIA);
- Q&A: How to engage young people at risk of exclusion (Urban MBA, Hackney Wick FC and UnLtd);
- How to measure and report social impact (CAN Mezannine);
- Steps for changing your private business into a social enterprise (Co-operatives Assistance Network);
- Bringing a product to market on a shoestring (Red Ochre)
- Co-operative Working Principles (Calverts)
Loughborough is one of the country’s leading universities, with an international reputation for research that matters, excellence in teaching, strong links with industry, and unrivalled achievement in sport and its underpinning academic disciplines.
It has been awarded five stars in the independent QS Stars university rating scheme, named the best university in the world for sports-related subjects in the 2018 QS World University Rankings, top in the country for its student experience in the 2018 THE Student Experience Survey and named University of the Year in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2018.
Loughborough is in the top 10 of every national league table, being ranked 6th in the Guardian University League Table 2018, 7th in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 and 7th in The UK Complete University Guide 2019. It was also named Sports University of the Year by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017.
The University has been awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework, which recognises institutions that deliver consistently outstanding teaching that is of the highest quality found in the UK.
The Loughborough University London campus is based on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and offers postgraduate and executive-level education, as well as research and enterprise opportunities. It is home to influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers and creative innovators who provide students with the highest quality of teaching and the very latest in modern thinking.
The seven specialist institutes at Loughborough University London include: Design Innovation, Digital Technologies, Diplomacy and International Governance, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, International Management, Media and Creative Industries, and Sport Business. Close industry partnerships with a wealth of leading businesses and creative organisations means teaching and learning is informed by real-life challenges and driven by true industry pressures.