Loughborough University London partners social enterprise conference
Loughborough University London is pleased to be a partner of East London’s 'Social Enterprise in The City' conference, taking place on 1st November at Hackney House in Shoreditch. The conference is being organised by Hackney Co-operative Developments CIC and Hackney Council.
- Why should cities invest in social enterprise development? (Bobby Kasanga, Hackney Wick FC; Jude Williams, Hackney Pirates; Kemi Dowokpor, Mind Your Language and Gee Sinha, ReSpace Projects)
- Are social enterprises equipped to operate in inner city markets? (Faisel Rahman, Fair Finance; Howard Lane, Green Net; Julie Brown, Growing Communities and Claire Martin, Mill Co.)
- Supporting a social enterprise ecosystem - social & community leaders discuss conditions necessary for inner city social enterprise growth (Jake Ferguson, HCVS; Claire Witney, London Borough of Hackney; Jacqui Roberts, Shoreditch Trust; Nas Morley, UnLtd; Lindsey Hall, Real Ideas Organisation)
- Open discussion: Growing the sector through collaboration and engagement. (Hackney Co-operative Developments)
- Open discussion: Drawing up an inner city manifesto for social enterprise. (Hackney Co-operative Developments)
- Three ways to finance your social enterprise (ALLIA);
- Q&A: How to engage young people at risk of exclusion (Urban MBA, Hackney Wick FC and UnLtd);
- How to measure and report social impact (CAN Mezannine);
- Steps for changing your private business into a social enterprise (Co-operatives Assistance Network);
- Bringing a product to market on a shoestring (Red Ochre)
- Co-operative Working Principles (Calverts)
Loughborough is one of the country’s leading universities, with an international reputation for research that matters, excellence in teaching, strong links with industry, and unrivalled achievement in sport.
The University has been awarded five stars in all areas according to the independent QS Stars university rating scheme. It has also been named the best university in the world for sports-related subjects in the 2019 QS World University Rankings, top in the country for its student experience in the 2018 THE Student Experience Survey and University of the Year by The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2019 and the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2018.
Loughborough is in the top 10 of every national league table, being ranked 4th in the Guardian University League Table 2019, 5th in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 and 7th in The UK Complete University Guide 2019. It was also named Sports University of the Year by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide in 2017.
Loughborough has risen to 5th place in the Times Higher Education (THE) ‘Table of Tables’ 2019 and is in the top 10 in England for research intensity according to the latest Research Excellence Framework (2014). In recognition of its contribution to the sector, Loughborough has been awarded seven Queen's Anniversary Prizes.
Specialising exclusively in postgraduate-level study, Loughborough University London is based on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and offers cutting-edge master’s and PhD degrees, as well as business collaboration, research and enterprise opportunities.
The seven specialist institutes at Loughborough University London include: Design Innovation, Digital Technologies, Diplomacy and International Governance, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, International Management, Media and Creative Industries, and Sport Business. Close industry partnerships with a wealth of leading businesses and creative organisations means teaching and learning is informed by real-life challenges and driven by true industry pressures.