Techne Preparing for Placements - support to ensure you are working in a Racially just environment
Loughborough University London and Techne have been working with its student body to create Racial Justice Placements with its partner organisations. As part of this work, we are now offering all Techne and Loughborough University London PhD students’ access to a training session to prepare them for placements. This workshop is suitable for all students thinking about undertaking a placement as part of their PhD.
- To understand what Racial trauma is
- To identify the cognitive, emotional and physical challenges of working in the field of Racial justice
- To identify the impact of this work
- To understand how you can seek further support when and if needed
- To identify strategies to manage the challenges prior to your placement
- Students to identify support mechanisms they have found beneficial
- The purpose of the supervision sessions and how they can best be utilised
The training is being delivered by Orlene Badu an independent consultant working with Loughborough University London.
The training will be delivered online on Zoom.
Places are limited. To apply for a place on the workshop please complete the form on our website by June 30th 2023.