Dr Yogachandran Rahulamathavan
Senior Lecturer, Institute for Digital Technologies
Dr Yogachandran has a PhD in Signal and Information Processing and has worked at Loughborough University as a postdoctoral research associate.
Yogachandran received his PhD degree in Signal and Information Processing from Loughborough University in 2011 and then worked as a postdoctoral research associate for six months on encrypted signal processing technique for privacy-preserving multimedia Big data processing. Subsequently he joined City University London as a research fellow in information security within the School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering in 2012.
Yogachandran's research interests are on developing novel algorithms for Internet-of-Things, especially on advancing privacy-preserving data processing methods for cyber-physical systems such as cloud and smart networks, application of which spans mhealth, smart home, smart grid and connected cars. This involves processing big multimedia data in cloud system without violating users’ privacy. For this he redesigned the state-of-the-art machine learning techniques such as support vector machine, Gaussian mixture models, and Linear Discriminant analysis using cryptographic primitives to work on encrypted domain.
Current research and collaborations
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- University of Paduva, Italy
- York University, UK
- City University London, UK
- Guest Editor for Hindawi, Mobile Information Systems
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) member
- 10th International Conference on Probable Security (ProvSec 2016), Nanjing, China, November, 2016
- IEEE Global Communications 2016 Conference: Communication & Information System Security, Washington DC, USA, Decmber 2016
- 1st International Workshop on Secure Networking and Forensic Computing conjunction with IEEE ICC 2014
- Seventh International Conference on Multimedia Communications, Services and Security 2014 (MCSS14)
- Inaugural International Conference on Cloud Security Management ICCSM 2013
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- IEEE Intelligent Systems
- IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics
- IEEE Transaction on Image Processing [Since 2014]
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems [Since 2014]
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems [Since 2014]
- EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications & Networking (JWCN) [since 2011]
- IEEE Transaction on Wireless Communication [since 2011]
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology [since 2010]
- IET Signal Processing [since 2011]
Interests and activities
Outside of academia Yogachandran is a cricketer, playing for a London league team during the summer, and a keen football spectator. He also likes to network, socialise and travel.