Dr Ida Telalbasic
Lecturer and Programme Director, Institute for Design Innovation
As a member of the Institute for Design Innovation, Ida contributes to research, teaching and enterprise activities in the area of Design Innovation Management at Loughborough University London.
Ida's education includes a double MSc. degree in Product-Service-System Design from Politecnico di Milano in collaboration with Politecnico di Torino granted by Alta Scuola Politecnica (honours program). She completed a PhD in Product, Service & Strategy Design at Politecnico di Milano, researching socio-economic transformations and investigating how service design can contribute in proposing new service systems towards social innovation and sustainability.
Current research and collaborations
- The development of entrepreneurial activities in developing context with the aim of contributing to positive socio-economic transformations through the design of innovation ecosystems;
- Emersion within rural communities for developing community development projects with a focus on social entrepreneurship, social innovation and incubation activities in local contexts.
- Development of scaling-up methodologies for social innovations;
- Contribution in a start-up project aimed to design collaborative services to boost social innovation in smart cities.
- Exploration of design methodologies, using a user-centered collaborative service design approach for engaging young people in the design of mental health services.
Current PhD / research supervisions
Interests and activities
Ida is actively involved in co-design facilitation, design thinking talks, start-up mentorship and is a member of judging panels in tech pitching events. She is a member of the Design Society, Service Design Network and an organizer of Global Service Design Jams.