Students undertaking a PhD programme with the Institute for Sport Business will undertake theoretically informed research that bridges the gap between research, practice and policy.
As a PhD student with us, you will become part of the vibrant, interdisciplinary research community, and will benefit from high-quality research training delivered by our world-class Sport Business academics.
The Institute for Sport Business currently supervises a wide range of projects, which correspond with the Institute’s three key areas of research:
Leadership and Change
- The relationship between leadership, change and the development of cultures of innovation in sport organisations
- Investigating the role of workplace emotion for strengthening employee commitment in sport organisations
- Barriers and facilitators of women in key leadership positions in sport organisations
- Characteristics and behaviours that women leaders have taken form practising sport
Innovation and Enterprise
- Efficacy of Rugby Sevens High Performance Programmes (funded by World Rugby)
- Inter-institute study on the use of 3D multi-cast technology for sports casts
- The relationship between leadership, identification, and employee well-being in professional sport environments
- Developing an economic estimate of the broader social benefits associated with club-based organised community sport in Australia
- Regulating athlete behaviour, promoting integrity and preventing corruption in sport
PhD facilities and support
As a PhD student with us, you will have 24-hour access to our dedicated research hub, stunning library and fully-equipped kitchen facilities.