Yi is from China and studies Design Innovation Management.
Why Loughborough University London?
- The new teaching, building and facilities
- Loughborough University is well-known around the world
- London location
- My interest in design management
What have you most enjoyed about your programme so far?
I can study and work with students from different programmes, which gives me a comprehensive and varied degree through understanding other areas and sectors.
What attracted you to the programme?
Previously, I had gained experience working as a designer for 2 years. I wanted to learn more about design and new technology. I also wanted to learn more about management, a new area I have never been involved in before.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
My goal is to become a lecturer in a university and have a design studio. I hope to find a job in a company where I can accumulate experience after finishing my masters degree. If I have a chance to be a lecturer after that, I could organize a studio with the company, giving my students the opportunity to see projects whilst they complete their studies.
What advice would you give to prospective students looking to study at Loughborough University London?
Studying in Loughborough University London is the best choice for you to connect your academic study to your future career. Here, the programme give you the chance to work with companies, and through the Collaborative Project you can develop solutions to their real-life problems that they need solutions to. You might even find/ develop an innovative solution that will benefit society.
List at least one thing you wish you knew before arriving on campus
Before arriving on campus, I hoped I would be able to balance my time well between study and exploring the city. My timetable allows me to have time to undertake self-study as well as to get involved in different activities, such as volunteering, traveling and sports.
How would you describe Enterprise Through the Curriculum?
For postgraduate students, enterprise may mean their future. Nearly everyone has an idea about building their own business here in Loughborough University London. The curriculum subjects are logically teaching students how to manage, how to be business-minded, how to organise a business and how to adapt to recent sector changes.
Give 3 reasons how Enterprise Through the Curriculum will benefit your future career
- There are many guest lectures that inform me how young entrepreneurs start and run their business, we may create new ideas through hearing about their experiences. Additionally, we find out how they have overcome difficulties and weakness.
- In the Collaborative Project, I have to work with team members who have different nationalities and backgrounds, which is the very useful for my future career
- Enterprise Through the Curriculum provides comprehensive knowledge for my area, which could help me avoid mistakes and utilize successful skills in my future career