- Barry, M., Skinner, J., & Engelberg, T. (2016) Research Handbook of Employment Relations in Sport. London: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Edwards, A., & Skinner, J. (2009) Qualitative Research in Sport Management. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann/Elsevier.
- Hopwood, M. Kitchin, P., Skinner, J. (2010) Sport Public Relations and Communications. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann/Elsevier.
- Skinner, J. & Stewart, B. (2016) Organisational Behaviour in Sport. Oxford: Routledge.
- Skinner, J., Edwards, A.’ & Corbett, B. (2014) Research Methods for Sport Management. Oxford: Routledge.
- Skinner, J., Smith, A. C. T., Swanson, S. (2018) Fostering Innovative Cultures in Sport: Leadership, Innovation and Change. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Hopwood, M. & Skinner, J. (2013) 'Sport Communication and Social Responsibility', in Paul M. Pedersen (ed.) Handbook of Sport Communication. London: Routledge, pp. 421-430.
- Moston, S., Engelberg T., & Skinner, J. (2015) 'Non-Analytical Positives: Forensic Interviewing and the Detection of Doping in Sport', in B. Stewart (ed.) Drugs and Sport: Writings from the Edge. Melbourne, Australia: Dry Ink Press.
- Skinner, J. & Usher, W. (2012) 'Professional Sport Leagues, Tours and Organisations', in W. M. Li., E. Macintosh., G. Bravo (eds.) International Sport Management. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Skinner, J. (2012) 'Sport Sponsorship and Marketing', in S. Chadwick & S Hamil (ed.) Managing Football. London: Butterworth-Heinemann/Elsevier, pp. 103-118.
- Skinner, J. Moston, S, & Engelberg, T. (2016) 'Doping Policy; Workplace Implications for Athletes', in Michael Barry, James Skinner & Terry Engelberg (eds.) Research Handbook of Employment Relations and Sport. London: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Skinner, J., Edwards, A. & Usher, W. (2011) 'Researching Sport Management', in Trenberth, L. & Hassan, D. (eds.) Managing the business of sport. Oxon: Routledge, pp. 427-446.
- Zakus, D., Skinner, J., & Edwards, A. (2011) 'Sport and Social Capital in Australia', in K.Toohey & T. Taylor (eds.) Australian Sport: Antipodean Waves of Change. Oxon: Routledge, pp. 150-162.
- Billsberry, J. ... et al. (2017) 'Reimagining leadership in sport management: lessons from the social construction of leadership', Journal of Sport Management, doi: 10.1123/jsm.2017-0210.
- COLLISON, H. ...et al., (2016). The methodological dance: critical reflections on conducting a cross-cultural comparative research project on ‘Sport for Development and Peace’. Qualitiative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health, 8(5), pp. 413-423.
- Collison, H., & Marchesseault, D. (2018). Finding the missing voices of Sport for Development and Peace (SDP): using a ‘Participatory Social Interaction Research’methodology and anthropological perspectives within African developing countries. Sport in Society, 21(2), pp. 226-242.
- Dempster, N., Keeffe, M. Lizzio, A. Skinner, J., Andrews, D. (2010) 'Listening to Adolescent Views of Leadership: Methodological Matters', Leading and Managing, 16.
- DE SILVA, V. ... et al, 2018. Player tracking data analytics as a tool for physical performance management in football: A case study from Chelsea Football Club Academy. Sports, 6(4): 130
- Edwards, A., Skinner, J. and Gilbert, K., (2004) 'Sport management: varying directions towards the narrative', Kinesiology: International Journal of Fundamental and Applied Kinesiology, 36(2), pp. 220-232.
- Engelberg T., Moston, S., Skinner, J. (2012) 'Public Perception of Sport Anti-Doping Policy in Australia', Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy.
- Engelberg, T, Skinner, J & Zakus, D. (2014) 'What Does Commitment Mean to Volunteers in Youth Sport Organisations?', Investigative Interviewing: Research and Practice, 5.
- Engelberg, T. and Skinner, J. (2016) 'Doping in sport: Whose problem is it?', Sport Management Review, 19 (1), pp. 1-5.
- Engelberg, T., Moston, S., & Skinner, J. (2014) 'Athletes’ and Coaches’ Perceptions of Deterrents to Performance-Enhancing Drug Use', International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics.
- Engelberg, T., Moston, S., & Skinner, J. (2014) 'The Final Frontier of Anti-Doping: a Study of Athletes Who Have Committed Doping Violations', Sport Management Review.
- Engelberg, T., Moston, S., & Skinner, J. (2015) 'Perceived incidence of Drug Use in Australian Sport: A Survey of Athletes and Coaches', Sport and Society: Cultures, Commerce, Media, Politics, 18.
- Engelberg, T., Zakus, D, Skinner, J & Campbell, A. (2012) 'Measuring the Dimensionality and Targets of the Commitment of Volunteers in Sporting Organizations', Journal of Sport Management, 26.
- Ferkins, L., Skinner, J. and Swanson, S. (2018). Sport leadership: A new generation of thinking. Journal of Sport Management, 32 (2), pp. 77-81.
- GIULIANOTTI, R. ... etal, (2018). Sport for development and peace and the environment: The case for policy, practice, and research. Sustainability, 10(7): 2241.
- GIULIANOTTI, R. ... et al, 2019. Rethinking Sportland: A new research agenda for the Sport for Development and Peace sector. Journal of Sport and Social Issues, [in press].
- Gowthorp L., Toohey, K. and Skinner, J. 'Government involvement in high performance sport: an Australian national sporting organisation perspective', International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics, 9 (1), pp. 153-171.
- Harris-Reeves, B., Skinner, J., Milburn, P. & Reddan, G. (2013) 'Applying Behaviour Management Strategies in a Sport Coaching Context', Journal of Coaching Education, 6.
- Kihl, L.A., Skinner, J. and Engelberg, T. (2016). Corruption in sport: understanding the complexity of corruption. European Sport Management Quarterly, 17 (1), pp. 1-5.
- Lock, D, Filo, K, Kunkel, T, & Skinner, J. (2013) 'Thinking about Things Differently: Examining Perceptions of a Non-Profit Community Sport Organisation', Sport Management Review, 16.
- Lock, D, Filo, K, Kunkel, T, & Skinner, J. (2014) 'The Development of a Framework to Capture Perceptions of Sport Organizations Legitimacy', Journal of Sport Management.
- LOUGH, N.L., PHARR, J.R. and GEURIN, A.N., 2016. I am bolder: a social cognitive examination of road race participant behavior. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 25 (2), pp.90-102.
- Mueller, J. ... et al, (2018). Surfacing implicit leadership theories in a professional sport context - A comparison of four research techniques in two Bundesliga handball clubs. IN: Book of Abstracts SMAANZ 2018 Annual Conference, Adelaide, Australia, 21-23 November 2018, pp.55-55.
- Moston, S, Engelberg, T & Skinner, J. (2013) 'Investigative interviewing and Anti-Doping Developments in Australia', Psychology of Sport & Exercise.
- Moston, S, Engelberg, T., & Skinner, J. (2014) 'Self-Fulfilling Prophecy and the Future of Doping: Psychology of Sport & Exercise', Sport and Society: Cultures, Commerce, Media, Politics, 17.
- Moston, S., Skinner, J., & Engelberg T. (2012) 'Perceived Incidence of Drug Use in Australian Sport: A Survey of Public Opinion', Sport and Society: Cultures, Commerce, Media, Politics, 15.
- Pappous, A. and Hayday, E.J. (2016). A case study investigating the impact of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games on participation in two non-traditional English sports, Judo and Fencing. Leisure Studies, 35 (5), pp. 668-684.
- Skinner, J. & Lizzio, A. (2011) 'Adolescent Male Perceptions of Leadership in a Sporting Context', Leading & Managing, 17.
- Skinner, J., Edwards, A. and Gilbert, K., (2005). Towards a critical theory of sport management. International Journal of Sport Management, 6 (3), pp. 233-251.
- SWANSON, S. and KENT, A. (2017). Passion and pride in professional sports: Investigating the role of workplace emotion. Sport Management Review, 20 (4), pp. 352-364.
- Swanson, S. and Kent, A. (2017). Sport identification and employee pride: key factors in sport employee psychology. International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing, 17 (1/2), pp. 32-51.
- Usher, W., & Skinner, J. (2010) 'Categorising Health Websites: e-Knowledge, e-Business, e- Professional' , Health Education Journal.
- Usher, W., & Skinner, J. (2010) 'Levels of Persuasion and Types of Incentives Offered by Pharmaceutical Companies to Gold Coast General Practitioners', Health Education Journal.
- Usher, W., & Skinner, J. (2011) 'EMPIRE And Health Website Recommendations: Technologies Of Control', Social Theory and Health.
- Westberg, K. ... et al. (2017). Exploring the wicked problem of athlete and consumer vulnerability in sport. Journal of Social Marketing, 7 (1), pp. 94-112.
- CAINE, M.P. ... et al, 2018. Quantifying intra-seasonal variations in physical performance measures using player tracking data from an elite football (soccer) academy. Presented at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, Boston, MA, USA, 1-2 March 2019, Paper ID 13564.
- Mueller, J. ... et al., 2017. Implicit leadership theories - A phenomenographic study within a sporting context. Presented at 25th EASM Conference, Bern and Magglingen, Switzerland, 5-8th September.
- Swanson, S. and Kent, A., 2016. Employee pride and identification with sport: Key drivers of positive organizational behavior. IN: Proceedings of 2016 24th European Association for Sport Management conference (EASM 2016), Warsaw, Poland, 7-10 September 2016.
- Swanson, S. and Skinner, J., 2017. Leading in multiple contexts: Investigating the meaning of leadership for sport officials. Presented at the 25th European Association for Sport Management (EASM) Conference, Bern and Magglingen, Switzerland, 5-8th Sept.
- Swanson, S...et al., 2018. Innovative cultures in professional sports: The role of servant leadership in fostering employee cooperation, creativity, and satisfaction. Presented at the 25th European Association for Sport Management (EASM) Conference, Malmo, Sweden, 5-8 September, pp. 101-102.