University Mental Health Day on campus
As part of #UniMentalHealthDay, we're planning a day of activities and fundraising in support staff and student mental health.
On Thursday 7 March 2019, universities from across the UK will be coming together to raise awareness of staff and student mental health. This year, Universities are working hard to change the narrative around staff and student mental health and make mental health a university-wide priority.
To support this aim, staff and students from across the campus will be taking part in a number of activities that will raise awareness and funds that will be invested back into supporting mental health for Loughborough University London Students and Staff, ideas suggested by YOU!
Activities taking place on campus
• 10.30am-4pm: Sponsored face painting
As part of the fun, one lecturer from each Institute has bravely volunteered to be sponsored to get their face painted on the day! You can donate as little or as much as you want.
- 10.30am - David Deacon
- 11am - Dr Louise Scholes: Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- 11.30am - Holly Collison and Aaron Smith: Institute for Sport Business
- 12.15pm - Professor Helen Drake: Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance
- 1pm - Jukka Rintamaki: Institute for International Management
- 2pm - Dr Ece Algan: Institute for Media and Creative Industries
- 3pm - Dr Yogachandran Rahulamathavan: Institute for Digital Technologies
- 3.30pm - Professor Mikko Koria: Institute for Design Innovation
You can make donations here between Wednesday 20 February until Friday 8 March. We will let you the times each lecturer is getting their face painted, but don’t worry if you can’t make it, there will be lots of pictures!
Which Institute will raise the most money? It is up to YOU! You can raise as little or as much as you want!
You can also come and have your own face painted!
• 12pm-2pm: Doggy de-stress
Take a few minutes out of your day to enjoy 15 minutes with a group of friendly and cuddly dogs in LDN.017. There are a maximum of 10 people per slot so book your place soon to avoid disappointment.
• 11am - 1pm: Pet therapy
Therapy dogs are trained to provide affection, comfort and love to people in need! Trained therapy dog, Daisy will be joining us on campus and will be available for sessions on the day.
• 10.30am-4pm: #UniMentalHealthDay raffle
We'll be giving away a host of prizes in our raffle, including gifts, tickets and discounts on the Ground Floor. Proceeds will be used to support the mental health provision on campus. Raffle tickets will be charged at 50p per ticket or 3 tickets for a £1. Entrants will also receive free cake.
• 10.30am-4pm: Mental Health Awareness stall
Staff who are trained in mental health support will be available to answer any queries or concerns regarding staff and student mental health. Look out for their stall on the ground floor of the campus.
There are lots of ways that you can get involved and use your voice to support University Mental Health Day:
- Sign up for a resource pack and make use of the free downloadable resources
- Share your story or words of encouragement on social media using the hashtag #UniMentalHealthDay
- Share your experiences with others in a blog. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to write a blog for us.