Digital Skills workshop - How to build a digital presence for your brand or business
This workshop is being delivered by Echo in partnership with Loughborough University London's Digital Skills programme, where London-based businesses can access lots more free support. To book your place please register for a free ticket on Eventbrite and we'll be in touch by email to complete a short onboarding survey to confirm your place.
This workshop is designed for small business owners who want to create an engaging, accessible website with longevity and growth in mind.
There is a myriad of quick-fix solutions out there for small businesses' digital presence which can feel overwhelming. In this workshop, we’ll explore how your website fits in with your wider business strategy and break down the small steps to crafting your website strategically and iteratively.
We’ll be exploring how to optimise the user experience, exploring intuitive navigation, accessibility, and how we can create a visually engaging platform.
During this workshop, you will...
- Start by setting realistic expectations when it comes to your small business website strategy.
- Learn when and where to invest [time and money] into your digital presence.
- Consider how starting simple and thinking iteratively can take the pressure off when it comes to launching.
- Explore ethical design patterns and principles for creating digital experiences that are inclusive of diverse needs.
- Leave with a framework for creating a website that fits in with your long-term goals.
We encourage you to bring your notebook, ask questions, and take part.
They'll also be plenty of allocated Q&A time for all those burning questions. Plus, you'll get a chance to meet everyone else taking part and build your network.
We will encourage everyone to have their cameras on and to engage in the workshop.
That way everyone is guaranteed to have a more fulfilling learning experience - it's always nice to see everyone's faces.
Who's this for?
This workshop is designed for freelancers, small businesses, entrepreneurs, and sole traders - or anyone who would like to learn how to improve their digital presence and develop a strategy to achieve long-term goals.