Dr Maya Cara
Teaching Fellow, Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Prior to joining Loughborough University London, Maya taught at University of Sussex and London Business School in the areas of strategy and entrepreneurship.
Maya Cara holds a PhD in Strategy and Entrepreneurship from London Business School. Before joining Loughborough University London, Maya taught at undergraduate and postgraduate levels at University of Sussex and London Business School in the areas of strategy and entrepreneurship. She also worked on a number of research and consulting projects dealing mostly with firms' internationalisation strategies, new business development and innovation management in the ICT sector.
As the Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, I have taught a diverse range of business-related topics such as strategy, entrepreneurship, corporate entrepreneurship, and research methods, to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Othe roles include:
- Strategy Module Lead, University of Sussex
- International Entrepreneurship Module Lead, University of Sussex
- New Venture Challenge Module Lead, University of Sussex
- Global Strategy Lecturer, London Business School
- Entrepreneurship Lecturer, London Business School
- Business Planning Lecturer, London Business School
- Competitive Strategy MBA Lecturer University of Sussex
Current research and collaborations
- Organisational Complexity with Julian Birkinshaw, London Business School
- Exploring Blockchain Funding with Lora Dimitrova, University of Exeter
- Evaluation on SEIS and EIS schemes
- CVC substitute or complement to firm's R&D
- Evaluation of Corporate Entrepreneurship in collaboration with University Sussex IHub
Interests and activities
Maya is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a Member of Academy of Management, a Member of Intrapreneurship Hub and a advisor to startups such as Ectropy and Greenberry Kids.