Scholarship Tuition Fee Deposit
If you are offered a scholarship by Loughborough University London, you will need to confirm to us that you wish to accept it. To do this you will need to pay a non-refundable tuition fee deposit within six weeks of receiving your offer.
How much is the scholarship deposit?
International Scholarships require a £2,500 deposit.
UK/EU Scholarships require a £250 deposit.
You will be informed in your scholarship letter how much deposit you need to pay.
How do I pay the deposit?
You can pay your deposit in the following ways:
- Credit or debit card over the telephone
- Bank transfer
- Bankers draft, payable in sterling and drawn on a UK bank account.
If you are paying over the telephone please contact the University on:
+44 (0)1509 223538
The University’s bank account details for transferring funds to are:
Bank Account Name: Loughborough University
Barclays Bank Plc
Bishop Meadow Road Branch
Bank Sort Code: 20-52-69
Account Number: 50682047
IBAN: GB73 BARC 2052 6950 6820 47
SWIFT BIC: BARCGB22
Bankers drafts should be sent to the following address:
Finance Shared Services Office
You MUST quote your application reference number when you make your deposit payment. You will find your application reference number on your offer letter and your scholarship letter. If you do not quote this number we will not be able to match your deposit with your application and the scholarship offer may be withdrawn.
We cannot accept tuition fee deposits paid in cash.
Once I have paid the deposit, is my Scholarship guaranteed?
Once you have paid your deposit, your scholarship will be secure, and the amount you have paid will be deducted from your tuition fees when you register at Loughborough University London.
What happens if I don’t pay the deposit within six weeks?
If you do not pay your deposit within six weeks, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship or bursary, but your offer of a place on the postgraduate programme will not be affected.
Can of my deposit payment be refunded?
The deposit will only be refunded for the following reasons:
- If you request a refund within 14 days of the payment being received into Loughborough University’s bank account (in accordance with UK distance selling regulations).
- If you are an international student, and your visa application is refused. You will need to send us a copy of your visa refusal notice.
- If you fail to meet either the academic or English language condition of our offer to you, and we are unable to accept you. You will need to send us copies of all your final results, so we can check that you have not met the conditions.
- If you feel there are exceptional reasons why you are not able to take up your place at Loughborough in London. You will need to send the reason and a refund will be considered, but is not guaranteed.
If you do qualify for a refund, a £50 administration fee will be deducted from your deposit before it is refunded.
What happens if I want to defer my entry to next year?
If you defer your entry we will hold your deposit against your tuition fees for the following year. We cannot guarantee that you will be eligible for a scholarship in the following year. If you wish your deposit to be returned to you, you will need to let us know.
Should I let you know that I have paid a deposit?
I have been awarded an Alumni Bursary, do I have to pay the deposit?
No, if you are awarded an Alumni Bursary you are not required to pay a deposit. If you need to pay a deposit to secure a scholarship, we will tell you by email.