The Institute for Sport Business incorporates an interdisciplinary team of researchers with a shared interest in the growth and impact of the sport business industry.
The major research problem that the Institute for Sport Business seeks to address is the hyper-commodification of sport and its impact on society.
In addressing this problem, the Institute for Sport Business maintains a focus on three key areas of research:
Leadership and Change
- The relationship between leadership, change and the development of cultures of innovation in sport organisations
- Investigating the role of workplace emotion for strengthening employee commitment in sport organisations
- Barriers and facilitators of women in key leadership positions in sport organisations
- Characteristics and behaviours that women leaders have taken form practising sport
Innovation and Enterprise
- Efficacy of Rugby Sevens High Performance Programmes (funded by World Rugby)
- Inter-institute study on the use of 3D multi-cast technology for sports casts
- The relationship between leadership, identification, and employee well-being in professional sport environments
- Developing an economic estimate of the broader social benefits associated with club-based organised community sport in Australia
- Regulating athlete behaviour, promoting integrity and preventing corruption in sport