Research plays a key role in understanding business success, by providing individuals and teams with critical insights into how to launch a business, or make a new or existing enterprise more successful.
Our academics are actively involved in a variety of industry sectors and have links with innovative organisations who work with us on a variety of projects. This provides the opportunity for staff and research students to gather primary data and determine what impact our research has in practice.
Our research focuses on harnessing the innovative strategy of enterprises, in order to produce successful entrepreneurial behaviour.
The Glendonbrook Institute for Enterprise Development focuses on 3 key research areas:
- Collaboration between organisations to create innovation from a social network perspective
- Digital enterprise
- Online entrepreneurial activity
Social Science and Enterprise
- Entrepreneurial creativity and imagination
- Gender intersectionality and entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship and family firms
- Management buy-outs in family owned companies
- Adoption of technological innovation by small firms