Diplomacy and International Governance
Research is at the heart of the Academy of Diplomacy and International Governance. Active research underpins our ability to deliver an outstanding teaching experience at the forefront of our discipline.
Students will have the opportunity to work with leading researchers in diplomacy and related disciplines, in order to gain in-depth expertise in their chosen area and first-hand experience of critical inquiry-based research.
Topics currently supervised by academics from The Academy
- The Impact of Digital Technology in Advancing Organisational Learning Capability and Innovativeness of Policing Activities in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
- The Role of OSCE in Conflict Resolution: The Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict as a Case Study
- A Critical Study on the Impact of Mobile Technology on Abu Dhabi Police Operations
- Diplomatic Challenges to Emerging National Security Threats: The United Arab Emirates, a Case Study
- The Role of Diplomatic Missions in Promoting Business and Trade: United Arab Emirates, a Case Study
- Enhancing Strategic Public Diplomacy in Qatar through policy-based framework
- The Impact of Culture on Diplomatic Protocol and Training: The UAE as a Case Study
- Development of an Evaluation Framework for m-Government System Quality: The Emirate of Abu Dhabi as a Case Study
- The Issue of Diaspora in International Relations: A Case Study of Nigeria-UK Diplomatic Relations
- A critical study of the role of the media in Handling Major Crises and their Impact on the UAE Security
- Privatisation of Police and Security: The Case of the Abu Dhabi Police
PhD facilities and support
As a PhD student with us, you will have 24-hour access to our dedicated research hub, stunning library and fully-equipped kitchen facilities.
PhD fees and funding
Studying for a PhD is a significant but incredibly rewarding investment for your career and for your future. Visit our fees and funding pages to find out whether you are eligible for financial support towards your studies.