Loughborough University London supports business growth programme
Loughborough University London joins NatWest, BT, UCL, UKTI, the UK Business Angels Association, PIE Mapping and Fast Growth Forum to launch an exclusive business growth programme for inspiring entrepreneurs.
The Growth Builder programme is the first of its kind to bring together public and private partners to offer a fully adaptive educational programme for British businesses. Loughborough University London will work alongside the other contributors to identify an initial cohort of up to 50 high-growth UK companies, will work to develop each business over a 12-month period.
Applications opened this week. As a guideline, companies should have either £1.5m revenue or 20 employees. In addition, the company must have grown by over 20% per year for the last two years.
British start-ups are doing a great job, but more can be done to help them scale to become global and industry-leading success stories.
Growth Builder has been designed to tackle some of the current barriers to this. Bringing together leading players in public and private sector organisations within a collaborative peer group, the focus is on providing promising entrepreneurs with unrivaled access to the most useful names in business, angel and venture funds, global universities, Government and entrepreneurship.
Ed Wray, co-founder of Betfair and active Angel investor
The UK is leading the world in the creation of innovative and fast-growth start-up companies - we have much to be proud of. With this in mind, I applaud the efforts of Growth Builder, which is building on the work we did together last year with RBS on the Scale-up Report, working to increase the number of businesses that grow from small ones to large ones by bringing together entrepreneurs with the specific goal of accessing new and game-changing contacts. I look forward to seeing the impact this programme will have on productivity and UK economic growth for years to come.
Sherry Coutu CBE, serial entrepreneur and investor
WHAT WILL THE PROGRAMME INVOLVE?
COMPULSORY SERVICES AND SUPPORT:
- Creation of a curated exclusive high-growth peer network.
- 6 tailored workshops with successful inspiring high-growth founders sharing insight into their experiences and lessons learnt with support to apply these crucial lessons in your own business.
- 6 professionally facilitated tutor groups offering an opportunity to share knowledge and challenges and gain a fresh perspective from peers in a supportive environment.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND SUPPORT:
- Monthly optional events tailored to your growth challenges to inspire and inform.
- 4 networking events bringing together successful high-growth founders, influencers and decision makers within the public and private sector to facilitate beneficial connections.
- A bespoke high-growth connection service offering proactive introductions and signposting to appropriate contacts and support.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Growth Builder is currently accepting applications until 16th March 2016. Applicants are required to be UK headquartered, but can be based anywhere in the UK.