POWER! Presents: Are You Woke?
Join entrepreneurs, academics, public speakers and industry leaders, as we discuss the issues facing young boys in school and on the street.
'Are you woke?' is a colloquial phrase meaning 'are you conscious of what is going on around you?'. This inspiring event asks whether young people are aware of the repercussions of their actions, or whether they know of their choices in regard to education, entrepreneurship or personal development.
We will bring together the people who are trying to make a difference for young people, through education, public speaking or leadership. Will will engage in a frank discussion about the key issues facing young men on their journey to manhood. We will focus on the practical actions that communities need in order to develop, promote and obtain a positive future for young men.
Presenting on the night will be:
- Dr Angela Dy - Lecturer in Entrepreneurship at Loughborough University London
- Leroy Logan MBE - Retired Superintendent of London Metropolitan Police
- Dr Mark Prince - Founder of the Kiyan Prince Foundation
- Paul MacKenzie - Public speaker and community leader
- Stephen Graham - Founder and Director of EP Global
- Julien Hall - Founder of Ultra Education
- Bob Clarke - Founder and CEO of MAMA Youth Project
Also performing on the night will be spoken word artist, M.Artz from Hackney, East London.